Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My classroom before the start of the first day!

I will write about how the first day went, but for now here are a few photos of my classroom :D

Sorry its a bit blurry, but here is my sign on my door

I only have two students right now! But each desk is all set up with their bell ringer

The daily schedule, which we are not totally following yet because we dont have books/textbooks/materials/uniforms/etc yet 
I will write more soon, but for now just be assured that Mike and I made it sucessfully through the first day of school! Now for the second....

Sara

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I am from Chicago but I currently live in Australia and considering lecturing at a university in Vietnam. How are you finding it and any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Sorry for the delay, I don't recommend using Blogger if you end up coming to Vietnam -- it works very sporadically.

    Its very very hot in the summer time, pretty unbearable. It suddenly switched to being quite chilly within a short period of time, but is still quite humid.

    Things are more expensive here than we expected, we were very surprised. Haggling is pretty fun, but you most certainly will always pay more than a native will. Travel is terrifying, and taxis often try and trick you. The people are nice for he most part, much more physically touchy and pushy than the typical American. I've had to learn to get pushy or else I would never get my food, my bags checked, or be heard in general.

    let me know if you have any specific questions about HaNoi

    ReplyDelete