Friday, July 29, 2011

Hong Kong

A photo of us in the Hong Kong airport

So, our adventure begins! We've arrived in Hong Kong hungry, tired, jet lagged, and EXCITED. We are waiting for our transfer to Hanoi and decided to fuel our starved internet addictions by writing a blog post. This was the first flight for either of us that went into double digits hour-wise, sixteen to be exact. We were both gearing up for the worst - babies crying, being sandwiched between an unbathed red-eye cowboy, sandpapery mouths as they dispense our paltry water allotment from an eye dropper - but NO! It was actually pretty painless (and dare I say, mildly entertaining?). The seats were plush and roomy, there were monitors on the backs of the seats loaded with the newest movies (and classics too, who would've imagined watching 'The Usual Suspects' on a Chinese airline?) and TV shows, and the meals were actually palatable.

We (Sara) unfortunately packed the camera in the luggage, so it's ixnay on all of the ultra-exciting airport photos (I'm sure you're all crying in despair). The airport is totally uninteresting and sterile feeling anyway... but the one shining monument, the one glorious idol of hope and prosperity is here, only a ten mere feet away. I'm talking, of course, of the Green and White, the magnificent lady enchantress who beckons forth with her intoxicating, aromatic blend... I mean, aw shucks, there's a freakin' STARBUCKS! And with that, I'm off to get my fix, a good old fashioned large coffee (I still don't know the Starbucks sizes) with cream.

Until next time,
Mike

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know who was writing this until I got to the beautiful green and white lady comment, then I was like MIKEEEE. Did you get a trenti sized coffee? Were you shaking with caffeine on the plane after?

    MISS YOU have a great arrival!

    -Suzie

    ReplyDelete